Raccoon Related Complaints and Potential Risks
Raccoons have very distinctive markings. They have a predominant black mask over their eyes and a heavy fur ringed tail. Raccoon fur colour is normally grey or a shade of corn-cob yellow. They are stocky, solid animals and weigh up to 30 lbs, depending on age and season of the year. They can live up to 12 years.
Raccoons can become aggressive if they have babies or are rabid. Encounters with aggressive raccoons should be avoided at all costs.
Raccoons inside the home put you, your family, and your pets at risk of becoming exposed to diseases, virus, germs, rabies. Currently, there are over 300 cases of raccoon rabies in the Hamilton, ON area. Raccoons are not only a carrier of roundworm disease, but they are also the definite host.
Raccoons emit various sounds including chirps, coos, chatter, distress calls, and purrs. Often the young raccoons cry when the mother raccoons leave them alone through the night time, returning by early morning.
Raccoons are great diggers. Raccoons will rip up lawns digging for grubs. On farms, raccoons will kill poultry and eat chicken eggs, along with raccoons eating sweet corn and watermelons.
Over the last 100 years raccoons have moved into Ottawa . Why not , in the city there are food sources readily available in gardens, bird feeders , garbage, fruit trees.
Common Raccoon Signs
The following are some common signs of raccoon infiltration:
- look for damage to insulation, wiring, roofs, vents, soffit, and air vents.
- look for openings above the downspouts and where the soffit meets the roof (interface area).
- roof vents, wall vents, and shingles are ripped off or damaged – rotten boards may be torn off.
- Remember, cat doors offer entry points for raccoons, too.
Mother raccoons love their young and will hide them in the worst spot in your home. To get them out of your home or business give Heritage Wildlife Management a call. A mammal that is well-known for its bad odor should not be residing in your place of work or living in your house.
Raccoons have been invading people’s properties for many years in the
Ottawa area, and if this is something you are experiencing right now, then you most likely want to solve this problem as soon as possible. We use efficient, humane, and effective raccoon removal methods to eliminate raccoons from your property.
Why Raccoon Removal Is Important
It is important to have raccoons removed from residential and commercial buildings as soon as possible.
If you currently have a raccoon in your workplace, home, or another area, there are certain things that need to be considered. There are many different reasons why it can be a big problem to have a raccoon on your property. They are well-known for breeding on your property, their bad odor, leaving messes, and damaging property. Raccoon are well-known for their destructive and aggressive behavior.
When raccoons are removed improperly, you put yourself at risk of running into an aggressive or rabid animal.
We deal with removing raccoons efficiently, professionally, and humanely.
How We Can Help
- Baby Raccoon Removal
- Adult Raccoon Removal
- Raccoon Prevention
- Entryway Sealing
- Exclusion / Proofing Techniques
Adult Raccoon Removal Procedures
If there is a raccoon on your property, allow the professionals to handle the problem. Do not put yourself at risk of getting bitten. We’ll come to your house, inspect your property (extensions, porches, shed, deck) and offer a thorough outline of what your specific problem is, locate the main entry point, what your options are, and provide you with an estimate.
Removal Service Process
If you find a raccoon or evidence of a raccoon on your property, contact a wildlife control professional. Do not approach it. People often try to trap raccoons themselves or offer them food. However, it is very important to not attempt to do this yourself. Raccoons can be aggressive against humans, pets, and other animals. They may bite upon contact.
Leave this to us… We will make to conduct all processes and methods humanely.
- Connect with us, we’ll then call you to get some more information about the issues your facing. We’ll set up an appointment with you to come and inspect and assess your situation.
- We’ll come out to your business or home. Oh, and we show up in unmarked vehicles so not to alarm your neighbours and maintain the privacy of your issue. We’ll complete the inspection and assessment and offer you a value proposal and written estimate for your individual raccoon removal problem and proofing of the property. We also offer an additional service of fogging to eliminate any odors left by the animals.
- Once the proposal is accepted and we’re able to do the work immediately, we’ll get started right away and perform a humane raccoon or baby raccoon removal.
- Heritage Wildlife Management uses commercial grade building materials to get raccoons out and seal your home or property ,so no more raccoons can get inside. We also color match any material going on to your property to keep your home looking beautiful
In Ontario, there are laws regarding the dealings with raccoons.
Rehabilitation of wildlife is regulated by the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. This includes raccoons and they dealt with humanely within the restrictions of the law.
Our work is guaranteed
Licensed by Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
Certified Professional Wildlife Control Operator
National Wildlife Control Operators Association Member