Skunk Related Complaints and Potential Risks
Skunks are best known for their ability to spray a nauseating musk and are capable of several discharges. Striped skunks are the size of an ordinary cat, about 29 inches long and weigh about 8 pounds.
Skunk noises range from screeches to whimpers to chirps.
Skunks are not normally an aggressive animal. Certainly, avoid cornering them. When confronted, skunks will raise their tail, stomp their front feet and look like they will charge at you. Back away SLOWLY.
Skunk smells may be more noticeable in late January and February. If a female skunk does not wish to mate, it will spray the interested male skunk
Skunks are great diggers. They are known to dig around foundations. Rainwater seeps in and undermines the cement. Skunks are well known for digging circular holes in lawns or lifting up large chunks of sod as they look for grubs.
Skunk Related Complaints
The following are some of the most complaints about skunks:
- A Skunk has fallen down a basement or window well
- A Skunk is digging holes in the yard
- Skunks spraying in the area
- Skunks living under a porch or deck
A mammal that is well-known for its bad odor should not be residing in your place of work or living in your house. Skunks have been invading people’s properties for many years, and if this is something you are experiencing right now, then you most likely want to solve this problem as soon as possible. We use efficient, humane, and effective skunk removal methods to eliminate skunks from your property.
Why Skunk Removal Is So Important
If you notice an unusually aggressive skunk on or near your property, call Heritage Wildlife Management or the local Health Unit for possible rabies. Many cases of skunk rabies have been confirmed in Southern Ontario.
If you currently have a skunk in your workplace, home, or another area, there are certain things that need to be considered. There are many different reasons why it can be a big problem to have a skunk on your property. They are well-known for breeding on your property, their bad odor, leaving messes, and damaging property. Skunks are well-known for their bad-smelling spray which they use to defend themselves whenever they are feeling threatened.
When skunks are removed improperly you can be at risk of running into an aggressive skunk which can cause it to spray.
We deal with removing skunks efficiently, professionally, and humanely.
How We Can Help
- Baby Skunk Removal
- Adult Skunk Removal
- Skunk Prevention
- Entryway Sealing
- Exclusion / Proofing Techniques
Adult Skunk Removal Procedures
If there is a skunk on your property, allow the professionals to handle the problem. Do not put yourself at risk of getting sprayed. We can come to your house, inspect your property (extensions, porches, shed, deck) and offer a thorough outline of what your specific problem is, locate the main entry point, what your options are, and provide you with an estimate.
Removal Service Process
If you find a skunk on your property, contact a wildlife control professional. Do not approach it. People often try to trap skunks themselves. However, it is very important to not attempt to do this yourself. Skunks are known to defend themselves against humans and other animals. They may bite or spray upon contact.
Leave this to us… We will make to conduct all processes and methods humanely.
- Connect with us, we’ll then call you to get some more information about the issues your facing. We’ll set up an appointment with you to come and inspect and assess your situation.
- We’ll come out to your business or home. Oh, and we show up in unmarked vehicles so not to alarm your neighbours and maintain the privacy of your issue. We’ll complete the inspection and assessment and offer you a value proposal and written estimate for your individual skunk removal problem and proofing of the property. We also offer an additional service of fogging to eliminate the skunk odors.
- If the proposal is accepted and we’re able to do the work immediately, we’ll get started right away and perform a humane skunk or baby skunk removal.
Rehabilitation of wildlife is regulated by the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. This includes skunks and they are required to removed and relocated humanely within the restrictions of the law.
Our work is guaranteed
Licensed by Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
Advanced Wildlife Control Operator through NWCOA
National Wildlife Control Operators Association Member